Working on a duck for my stepsister. It's going reeeeally slowly. It's an old piece of lime wood from the same block as the coffee spoon. Tools used: Knives, gouges, you name it.
Saturday, July 31, 2010
Sunday, April 4, 2010
Sunday, March 21, 2010
I have many projects on the go, but now I have finally finished something. This is a stylised barn owl that we did in carving classes in 2009 and I finally got around to finishing it off last week. The design is based on the article Barnstormer in issue 98 of Wood Carving magazine (the English one, not WCI). My model is made of basswood. I had originally coated it in diluted satin quick-drying varnish, but I reckon that made it look too grey, so I have now finished it off with 3 coats of shellac sanding sealer. That gives it a warmer colour.